Welcome!

This blog is for all writers, published or not, that want to connect with other writers and who want to improve their craft.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Author Interview with Nandini Deka


1. Why do you write?
Writing is a mental exercise for me.Like you need to go to a Gym to keep your body fit, I need to write to keep my mind fit. I have lots of stories or ideas playing in my mind all the time,so I have to write to release them all. And yeah. I love the name,fame and moolah that writing brings along with it as well,lol. 

2. How many books have you written?
I have written 9 titles so far ( fiction & non-fiction - novellas ).

3. What inspired you to write your (latest) book?
I had a story lurking in my mind for quite some time. It was screaming at me everyday to write it - so alas I had to write it down.

4. What is your favorite genre to read?
I like to read horror and comedy. I also like realistic stuff ie. Books based on real live events,situations also individuals. 

5. Is your writing style at all influenced by those of your favorite authors?
No. I have my own style. 

6. Which is your favorite book that you’ve written?
All my books are my favourite. They are all like my children.However, if I do have to pick I'd choose the ones that have 'social issues' as its theme.

7. What is your opinion of the art of writing?
Any art to be perfect has to be polished thoroughly. Writing is a creative art and it can be polished only by writing more..writing good,writing intelligent and writing responsibly

8.What advice would you give someone who is just beginning their own novel?
You started it so better finish it now!
Ok...In all seriousness I'd advice them that writing is easy but be prepared for the marathon marketing that you'll have to do later,so write a masterpiece and good luck 

9. Do you have any funny and / or interesting stories about how you’ve come up with plots or characters?  
My plot and characters were not letting me sleep until I wrote,revised and rewrote them again and again. Trust me, it was not funny or interesting at all! Or was it on second thoughts?

10. Coke or Pepsi?
Thumsup!!

You can find Nandini's books on Amazon as well as keep up with her at Goodreads and her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment